CHRISTMAS!
Okay since I'm on a blogging roll after Brazil, here's a little of what I've been able to do since I got home:
Ben is home now! Hurrah! And we told Mom that we'd take care of getting the tree before she got home from Brazil. Here we are searching for the perfect tree:
Is that the one?
Sizing up this one: tall is definitely part of a perfect tree criteria!
The last several years, we've had a van or truck to stuff our tree into, so it was a little humorous to try and figure out how to stick it on the car and make sure it would stay there for the trip home. Somehow we managed without our father's guidance and successfully brought the tree home!
Once it was up, I got to decorate it by myself--Ben's not really into that sort of thing. Somehow it ended up being a predominantly red/white/blue tree. It wasn't intentional to turn it into a patriotic tree, but its unique. Sorry I don't have a photo of the finished product but I'm sure it will show up on here sometime this week through the family festivities.
Yay for time to spend baking Christmas cookies!! I've been dying to do it all month so this was one of the projects I made time for on Friday. I tried out a new recipe for Mint Wafer Cookies. They were yummy and I kept catching Dad going back for more.
After the mint cookies, I whipped up some white/milk chocolate peppermint bark.
And concluded the evening with some gingerbread cookies with Alison's help. She also helped to cover my face in flour--Thanks, Alison!
No comments:
Post a Comment