An answer to prayer: all our bags arrived back with us!
Ruth and I had a safe trip home--this time through Houston, TX. With a final goodbye to dear David who brought us to the airport, our flight left Sao Paulo a little before midnight, Tuesday night and with the 6 hour gain, we arrived back in Seattle around noon on Wednesday. We were impressed by the red and green luggage that was all lit up for Christmas at the Houston carousel. In fact, it made an impression on us that as soon as we landed in the US it felt like Christmas again. We had sort of forgotten while we were in Sao Paulo, partly because of the busyness of the wedding, partly because we were not in our typical winter sweaters, and then partly because of the lack of Christmas music. Bing Crosby's voice serenading us once we landed was a good reminder of the Christmas season. We were also humored by a lady a few seats down on our layover who was playing Christmas carols on her Ukelele. :) I had to take my Pacific War final within a few hours of arriving at home, but I think it went well (open book/notes so that helped!) and I'm happy to be done with another quarter!
No comments:
Post a Comment