Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"uh....what?" and a little about life in the Couv

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I have to say once again that my bestie in Idaho is a blogging machine! I love reading her almost daily posts that keep me up to date on her life as well as her amazing knitting endeavors... anyway all that to say that I had to laugh this morning when I looked out the window and realized that her post from yesterday was the same thing I was experiencing today (minus a few feet of snow since I'm now in Southern Washington and not Idaho!)
SNOW! I really didn't see that one coming because it hasn't even really been cold this week! But it was fun to wake up to Chris telling me it was snowing and seeing the beautiful big flakes coming down. Here's our view from the upstairs window.
yeah...it was only a dusting and it was all melted by the afternoon but it was beautiful while it lasted.

We are just starting to get settled now that we are home, so there are still unpacked boxes everywhere, but I did manage to get up some Valentine's decorations on the living room window. These were courtesy of Mrs. Zeiger who was thoughtful enough to cut me some Valentine's to use at our wedding and now in our home.
And I thought that while I'm here with a little update, I better tell you that we have been eating very well over the past few weeks. Not only does Chris really enjoy cooking, but he is really great at it too. So mostly I have been reaping the benefits of steak dinners, goat cheese omelets, pesto on toast, etc. BUT he's not the only one who's been in the kitchen... I cooked my first roast last night! I got to use our fancy new Le Creuset pot and it actually turned out pretty well...perhaps a little more seasoning next time to perfect it?
And although the meat was good on its own, we actually ended up turning it into fajitas! Both of us agreed they were some of the best either of us have had in a while, but it's possible we were just hungry.
So all that to say that we are both very happy, well-fed, and enjoying being together. We're off on another trip this weekend and looking forward to it! What have you been up to lately? Any fun Valentine's Day stories?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see you've posted again. Not like you've been busy moving, unpacking, being married, etc, etc... :) It's true. I am a blogging machine. But once you get into daily posting then people get angry with you when you don't post everyday. So, I do it to keep the masses happy.
    Yay for a little snow! It snowed more here last night. Boo. I wouldn't mind a dusting, but several feet? eeewwww. It makes going anywhere a very wet and soggy affair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so happy that you are happy! Watch out or you and Chris will be like Andre and I... One year after our wedding date and 22 pound heavier!!! Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, it is good to hear from you Charissa! Sounds like married life is treating you well! My favorite part about Valentines Day was getting home-made valentines from the 4th graders in my class. Girls and boys alike tried their best and made some cute little creations. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete