Sunday, February 27, 2011

jfasdij;i

Yes, the title pretty much sums up how I feel about this pile of knitting needles. I'm really thankful for all of these garage sale needles, but the pile is a bit overwhelming. So one more cry for creativity from my friends: How do you store your needles in a cute, creative, and organized way? Help!

2 comments:

  1. For sure: make a needle roll. (http://alexandrasknits.blogspot.com/2006/01/tutorial-alexandras-needle-case.html)

    I was about to make one myself last summer, but then I found a hard case at a garage sale.

    Just make sure you have a flap on the top end too, so the needles don't slide out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two cases and unfortunately just have too many needles for them. Also, I like to keep them all in one place, so I keep all of my straight needles in a cup on top of my knitting dresser.

    For my circular needles I keep them in a seperate cup, I don't have a ton of those, but it's easier for me to find them.

    For my DPN's I have those in the same cup as my straight needles, but I use some rubberbands that I had from my braces to keep the smaller DPN's together, because they tend to get lost in the cup because they're shorter.

    Also, I would seperate the really big needles that you probably wont use a whole lot. Also, if you have any that don't have a match, just throw them away, there's NO reason to keep a needle if it doesn't have a match! That might help weed a few of them out. Also, if you have more than one set of one size, donate them to goodwill or something, odds are you probably wont need two of the same size.

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete