Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Willkommen in Frankfurt

Well, I am here in Frankfurt Germany now for the month of August! I'm going to try to be a good blogger while I'm here to update you on my impressions of the city, classes, and my adventures.

Our plane ride was uneventful and we arrived to spend a full day of seeing the city. There are 9 people plus 2 professors in our group and we all went down to the waterfront for the Mein Festival last night. Somehow, despite our lack of sleep, we all managed to stay up until 11:00 to enjoy the festival and the most amazing fireworks show I have ever seen. In between we enjoyed some thunder and lightning too--it has been overcast since we've been here.

This morning we had a welcome meeting with all the other international students who are here for the summer language classes. A guy played two beautiful songs for us on this lovely pipe organ. Afterwards we all took a placement test to figure out which level of German we should be studying while we are here. Sadly, I think all of us Americans failed--but I guess that just placed us into beginning German where we should be. It seems like everyone else who is here for the language classes has been studying German their whole school careers whereas we all just began a couple months ago!
So far everyone in our group gets along really well and everyone seems really friendly and happy to be here. Marcus and Jennifer are in the middle photo and above with me is Sarah who I have been spending a lot of time with. This is all I have time for now, but I will try and be a faithful blogger this month so keep checking in! Meanwhile, send me an e-mail and let me know what you are up to!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. yay for pictures! thanks, kissa. I'm busy now, but I'll write more when I get a chance. I love you and I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete