Baby Boy Anderson is almost here so I made him a little rag quilt to welcome him to the world. It was my 2nd rag quilt and the first time I've worked with minky (the dotted brown squares) which is an ultra-soft velvet-like fabric. I wasn't sure if it would work for a rag quilt since you generally work with flannel, but from everything I read, it works just fine as long as you make sure to take the time to pin it before sewing as it is slippery. The pooh squares (yellow) are very similar to their crib sheets although I didn't know that at the time that I bought it. It's so great when things work out that perfectly!
Anyway, I gave it to Jonathan and Keren tonight and in exchange got some Chinese food. yum! I call that a pretty good trade. Oh and my fortune? "You will win over someone's heart." hmmm wonder when... or maybe it's just that baby Anderson will fall in love with me the second he cuddles with that uber-soft minky!
The blanket looks really precious, and soft. I can't believe you picked the perfect fabric without even knowing, that's great!! :) You're so creative Charissa, and I'm sure baby Anderson won't be the only one to hold your heart. <3
ReplyDeleteHave a good week!
~AndraLea
Andra, you are very sweet! Thank you!
ReplyDelete