Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rope Necklace DIY


Originally I intended this blog to be a way to share the Crafty projects I like to tinker in. However, somehow (between school, work and life) many of the projects I have in mind to try have been put on the back burner. BUT this week I found a really simple DIY to try (via a blog Ali shared of a conglomeration of ideas for Mother's Day DIYs). Since I was going to JoAnn's to buy fabric for a rag quilt (which I finished this week but you will have to wait to see until I deliver it to its recipient), I grabbed the 3 things that I would need to make a trendy Rope Necklace.

First step: visit the curtain aisle at your local store that carries curtain ties. I went to the fabric store, but I'm guessing you could find them at Wal-Mart even? Good news for me, they were on SALE!! 40% off--wooohooo! So I picked out 4 colors that I liked and paid $2.99 each instead of $4.99.
Pick out 2 that match well and loop them together.
Then knot them together.
Finally, thread a ribbon through the ends and tie it around your neck in a bow and voila! You have a beautiful knotted rope necklace! Pretty simple huh? You can find the full tutorial from the lady who created it here.
. Okay, I'll admit that I'm a little bit scared to pull off this style--it is a little bulky and reminds me vaguely of a slave or a cow with a rope around their neck...ha...but I'm going to be brave and try it out at least once. I decided to give the other one to Ruth for her birthday so she can be brave with me! So you should try making one so we can all be trendy together! :-)

2 comments:

  1. ...and if you wear your curtains sound of music style, you could have a very coordinated outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm....I am so going to do this!! Love it, and yes it will be a stretch, but why not!?

    ReplyDelete