Sunday, May 9, 2010

Flower Bracelet

I found this idea on a really fun blog called Ruffles and Stuff and decided to give it a try for a mother's day gift. I ended up making one for each of my family members going to the Mother/Daughter Banquet as well as one for Ali who celebrated her birthday this week. For the whole tutorial, check out the original here.

So I started out with an ugly little pot of fake flowers from the dollar store (which was going out of business so I got a steal of a deal and only paid $.90 for this baby!).
I also found these necklaces at the same dollar store--again $.90 each and I figured they'd be great to take apart and use the beads and ribbon for some sort of project. For this project, you will also need some felt ($.29 per sheet at the fabric store and you can make 4 bracelets from each sheet).
So then I had fun sewing the felt into cuffs with velcro attached. Then I went to town tearing apart the flowers and reassembling them into these lovely rose bracelets with a hot glue gun and a pearly bead to top it off.
Cute huh? The felt seems strong but I think next time I might use a ribbon instead because it's a little classier. Don't forget you can click on the link at the top for more detailed instructions! Over all it was a fun little project and didn't take too much time. Plus, when you add it all up I think each bracelet cost about $1.00 to make. Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment