As a last minute thing before I headed home, I went with my mom to help get the Christmas tree for the Lensch family.
We joined in with the Patterson clan for their annual tradition of tree hunting. Since I was only 9 years old when I met their family, I have watched their family grow as I've grown up as well. Amazing to see how God has blessed them with so many sweet grandchildren--Love you, Pattersons!
The mamas/grandmas made sure we all had some coffee/cocoa after the trees were all cut.
I was debating driving home that night, but the idea of decorating with my mom was too tempting. We had this baby shining that same evening.
My mom let me take the remnants from the bottom of the tree (had to make room for presents, right??) home with me and I upcycled them into a wreathe for my door.
What have you been doing to make your home festive lately?





cutting out snowflakes and laminating them to stick on windows. buying inexpensive flat flexible snowflake "ornaments" (Target) to put under smaller candles and hang from the chandelier. misc. Christmas balls in a basket. wrapping Christmas-y fabric around small glass jars, tying a red/green ribbon around it, and plopping a candle in it.
ReplyDeleteWas thinking about you as I decorated this week, Charissa. After your wedding, Betty snagged a bunch of your wedding decorations for me to keep and because of that I went with a gold, silver, blue and white theme for my decorating this year :) Maybe will get a few pics up on Facebook!
ReplyDeleteNice wreath. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, ladies! I would love to see photos of your decor on your blogs. :-)
ReplyDeleteTaara, I'm so glad you got to keep some of my wedding things. I am trying to figure out what to do with all those snowflakes! they just might have to wait until another year. Would love to see what you are doing.
Wow! That tree is beautiful!
ReplyDelete