I know many of you are concerned for me right now as Chris just left on his third deployment. I have a lot of thoughts and emotions that I would like to write about and process through at some point--maybe some of those things will end up on here someday and perhaps they will be things that remain in my memories, but for now I wanted to share a few things that really blessed me today. This is just a glimmer of the love that I've been receiving over the last couple of days and week and I'm so thankful for all your prayers and love for me and my husband. We are both feeling a supernatural peace right now in a way that we know is not from ourselves but from God. So if you are praying, know that God is working through them. Thanks, friends!!
Shortly after I woke up this morning the doorbell rang. I was still in my PJs so I tried to look somewhat presentable and hurry to the door only to find noone was there. I did find this lovely little gift of homemade shortbread cookies (dipped in chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate-yum!) and a card waiting for me. Turns out, our new neighbors across the street were thinking of me and wanted to let me know that I'm always welcome to call on them at any time. They also thanked us for our service for our country and particularly for Chris' job in protecting the freedoms we love. I didn't even know they knew Chris was leaving as I have only chatted with them a few times outside and never mentioned it. Apparently Chris briefly mentioned it last week. So this was just really touching.
Shortly after I woke up this morning the doorbell rang. I was still in my PJs so I tried to look somewhat presentable and hurry to the door only to find noone was there. I did find this lovely little gift of homemade shortbread cookies (dipped in chocolate and drizzled with white chocolate-yum!) and a card waiting for me. Turns out, our new neighbors across the street were thinking of me and wanted to let me know that I'm always welcome to call on them at any time. They also thanked us for our service for our country and particularly for Chris' job in protecting the freedoms we love. I didn't even know they knew Chris was leaving as I have only chatted with them a few times outside and never mentioned it. Apparently Chris briefly mentioned it last week. So this was just really touching.
I also got a visit from a huge blue jay who flew onto my porch and stayed there for several minutes. I've never seen one around here and I have no idea why he came to visit--certainly not for my basil that is almost dead... Definitely a reminder to me that God cares for the birds and how much more does he care for me.
These were given to me last week by my friend Erin but I'm still enjoying them this week so I thought you should see. They make me smile.
And probably the most special thing I got to do today was meet 5 day old Ezekiel Emmaus Cooper. Friends from church just had a baby and I got to pay them a quick visit. Sadly, I don't have photos and that was probably the cutest part of the day. Oh well. You'll just have to imagine what this baby looks like but he was pretty cute and his 2 big brothers and parents are thrilled that he is here! I am too!!
Again, thank you for your prayers. We covet them. I probably won't be able to give you a lot of updates about Chris until he is home because he can't really tell me much anyway, but I'll try and let you know what is up and how we are doing when I can. Thanks for the love.
Again, thank you for your prayers. We covet them. I probably won't be able to give you a lot of updates about Chris until he is home because he can't really tell me much anyway, but I'll try and let you know what is up and how we are doing when I can. Thanks for the love.
I prayed for you guys that God would bless your last days together before Chris had to leave. The Lord will no doubt give you the strength to get through this season of life. I'll email you back soon. I like the blog change, I liked it before too. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Dana! We really appreciate the prayers.
ReplyDeleteBlogger just came out with this new look and I thought I'd try it out--the weird thing is that you (the reader) actually gets to choose how you want to view it...I think "magazine" is the best!
Oooh! fancy new blog! :)
ReplyDeleteYou've definitely been in my prayers. I don't know how you do it!
If you get too bored you can come to Idaho!!! ;)