We've had some beautiful fall days lately which almost make it hard to stay inside. I've been trying to get into running more too so the dry weather is some extra incentive to get out there! On my last run I couldn't resist collecting some of the beautiful fall leaves that had already fallen. They are now cheerfully sitting with my pumpkins on the mantle along with our "Happy Harvest" card from the Katterman and Benevidez families.
I also finished the "Lemon Curd Slouch" this week. Doesn't it feel good to get a knitting project off the needles? I ignored it for quite a while because I ran out of yarn on my first skein. Thankfully I had another already...I was just too lazy to dig it out and continue for a couple weeks. Does that ever happen to you?
This is my friend Ali's pattern from her blog Knittybutton. It is one of her popular ones and I definitely think its really cute. However, I don't think I have enough hair for this hat, Ali! I think if I were to knit it again for myself I would make the brim just a little smaller--or else I need to knit it up a little bit tighter which may be part of the problem. Anyway, I think it may need to go to someone with thicker hair than myself.
(Ali, I had to take photos of myself since famed-knitting-photographer Paul wasn't here to take them... ;-) This was the best I could do and definitely taking some from the back was impossible!)
My title promised news as well and I have some pretty great news: (no, not baby news...)
I get to go see Chris this weekend! We found out he has some days off before he leaves and since we had a free ticket from getting bumped this summer (which is actually a pretty crazy story that you should ask me about sometime), it was kinda a no brainer for me to join him for a few days. I'll be heading out Friday morning!! Some people have asked me if its worth a second goodbye, but I'm sure it will be! A good friend of mine always used to say: "It's not goodbye--it's see you later!" I'm just glad its sooner rather than later!
I get to go see Chris this weekend! We found out he has some days off before he leaves and since we had a free ticket from getting bumped this summer (which is actually a pretty crazy story that you should ask me about sometime), it was kinda a no brainer for me to join him for a few days. I'll be heading out Friday morning!! Some people have asked me if its worth a second goodbye, but I'm sure it will be! A good friend of mine always used to say: "It's not goodbye--it's see you later!" I'm just glad its sooner rather than later!
No comments:
Post a Comment