Pumpkin Carving has become a joyous event for me over the past few years. I love creating and manipulating patterns to turn a pumpkin into a thing of art. Funny thing is that I didn't grow up carving pumpkins. In fact, my dear Ali taught me how to carve pumpkins when I was in college. Since then, it has become a yearly treat!
This year I helped my nieces/nephew carve a pumpkin. It made me realize why I never did it as a child--They thought they were helping, but I still did all the work! Although they did have fun getting their hands goopy and were a great help at sorting out the pumpkin seeds for toasting.
Our end result was a kitty cat! The kiddos were very pleased and we finished off the evening by munching on our pumpkin seeds and watching some good ol' road runner.
2005: My very first pumpkin carving.

2006: Tinkerbell.

2007: Sleeping Beauty

2008: Two Pumpkins this year. My Trinity Knot from my trip to CA.
And Peter Pan
I think Peter may be my favorite
2009: Cinderella's Pumpkin Coach
2010: Feeling rather patriotic this year for some reason...
Which one is your favorite? Did you do any pumpkin carving this year? I'd love to hear about it. Hope you all have a very blessed Reformation Sunday!
I really like the Tinkerbell one, but this year's looks like it may have taken the most work. They are all really cool. I actually forgot that today was Halloween until I saw your pumpkins. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love ALL your pumpkins! Yay yay yay! The kitty is awfully cute!
ReplyDeleteThe cross is amazing.
ReplyDeleteBut Tinkerbell is the best!!!!
xx
I love the Pan pumpkin. :) He's so cheerful! I carved my first pumpkin this year. I went simple and did our last name in a HUGE pumpkin... and I messed up on the M. But it was really fun.
ReplyDelete