Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hello World!

Well, things are starting to feel more real! The midwife we are going through typically only does one ultrasound per pregnancy unless there specific reasons to get one, but she ordered a dating ultrasound to confirm my due date and I was happy to oblige and get a glimpse of our little blueberry (this has become our in-utero name for baby) before the normal 20 week ultrasound (Can you imagine only doing one ultrasound, Taara?? ;) ).


Our little one was really active when we started, doing somersaults and waving and kicking. Really cute! Then towards the end he/she settled down and went to sleep. Since I can't feel baby yet, it was really neat to see how active little one is in there. They gave me a due-date of September 21, 2013 which was just a few days after I was counting so my original guess was pretty accurate. This puts me at 12 weeks today! Baby blueberry is now the size of a lime.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! There is nothing like seeing your baby for the first time. I can't imagine only having one ultrasound! I've already had four with the twins and have another scheduled for march 20. :)

    ReplyDelete