Monday, January 7, 2013

27

I turned 27 last week and Chris made sure that I had a very special day. He started out by surprising me with getting the day off work so he could spend the whole day with me. That would've been enough for me but he continued to spoil me with:

A matinee to see Les Miserables at the nicest theater on the planet.




There was only one other couple in there with us and we got to lounge on the comfy couch.


We splurged on the nachos. Yes, that is a big pile of sour cream on top. :) This theater is so fun because they come in to take your order before the movie begins with a full lunch/dinner menu. Then they deliver it before the show.


We both loved the movie. I have seen Les Mis three times in person before so I did have high expectations going into it but the movie did not disappoint. Perhaps another blog post would be a better space to write out my opinions, but we did come away thankful for the mercy of God and also noticing the similarities to the Prodigal Son story which I had never connected to Les Mis before.

After the movie we drove into Portland to run a few errands and actually enjoyed some sunshine on my birthday which is a rare occurrence in my life. Can you see Mt. Hood in the background?


In the afternoon we went for a hike at our nearby horse trail with our Wolfie. There was still some snow on the ground so it made for a beautiful winter hike. Just as we were heading back and it was getting dark, Wolfie darted into the woods after a baby deer and we spent the next half hour calling him and looking for him with no response. We were just about to give up when he came bounding up to us--completely soaked and the most tired I have ever seen him! Poor guy must've fallen in the river while chasing the deer and then spent the next while sprinting around looking for us again. We were relieved not to have lost him for good! Crazy dog!


In the evening we met up with my dear friends Talitha and Jesse for a dinner out on the town. We had so much fun that I forgot to take a concluding picture of the day. All this plus many messages of love from friends and family made it a wonderful way to start my new year. I think 27 will be a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a good day! Sweet of Chris to surprise you. I agree, they did an excellent job on Les Mis! :)

    ReplyDelete