These photos have been sitting in my draft box for more than a year.
All of my other European visits were talked about on the blog, but I just wasn't quite sure what to say about these and so there they sat. But today marks the anniversary of the D-Day invasion of Normandy, another place I have had the privilege to visit and tangibly take in the history. There is something very sobering about visiting places like this and as hard and emotional as it is, I am certain there is great value in remembering. On June 6, 1944, many men gave their lives and the following spring the survivors of the Dachau concentration camp were released. Let us not forget their sacrifice as well as the atrocities that happened when our grandparents were alive. God help us never to forget!
Photos from my trip to Dachau Concentration Camp while I was studying in Germany, 2010.
All of my other European visits were talked about on the blog, but I just wasn't quite sure what to say about these and so there they sat. But today marks the anniversary of the D-Day invasion of Normandy, another place I have had the privilege to visit and tangibly take in the history. There is something very sobering about visiting places like this and as hard and emotional as it is, I am certain there is great value in remembering. On June 6, 1944, many men gave their lives and the following spring the survivors of the Dachau concentration camp were released. Let us not forget their sacrifice as well as the atrocities that happened when our grandparents were alive. God help us never to forget!
Photos from my trip to Dachau Concentration Camp while I was studying in Germany, 2010.
| Arbeit Macht Frei: Labor Makes You Free |

No comments:
Post a Comment