This past year has been glorious for reading books. We weren't allowed to watch much TV as kids and I wasn't a very outdoorsy little girl so besides playing dolls/house, one of my favorite hobbies was reading. Once I hit high school though, and even more so in college, I had to give up reading for pleasure or else I wouldn't get my homework reading done. I knew it wouldn't last forever, and sure enough, the time has come where reading is a big part of my life once again. Chris loves to read and so our lives have been inundated with a lot of books over the past year. Its a fun hobby to share together because it means we don't both have to read all of the same books but can share with each other what we are learning and enjoying. Along with buying new books comes buying new bookshelves (good thing we live by Ikea!!). Our office got a makeover early on this year:
Now that I'm able to get through more books, I've often thought about blogging about some of the books that I've been reading to share with my friends the ones that I've enjoyed or have really influenced me. But that's about as far as that thought has gotten--just a thought. I think I'm a little daunted at the idea of reviewing each one. Even though I love reading, I've never loved writing and I think my English-major-brother stole all of that talent (along with all the frisbee throwing talent too).
But I still want to share what I've been reading and am realizing that this doesn't mean I have to review each book. So I think I'll just start by letting you know what I've been reading and if there's interest in knowing more you can ask me to talk about it with you personally. How's that sound? So thanks for bearing with me as I muse through this and look for future Kiss of Joy book posts coming your way.

There are SO many books out there it's hard to choose - so it's nice to get recommendations even if you don't want to review the whole thing. (Not that I have a lot of time for reading - hahaha) So let us know what's on your reading list :)
ReplyDeleteawww thanks for the feedback! It's some encouragement to actually do it. I think reading comes in seasons. Maybe the tables will turn for us soon and you'll be the one telling me what you've been reading! :-)
Delete