Note: photos are not uploading from my phone so they will have to follow later.
I have always loved Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because I love candy? But it was always my favorite school holiday especially because of the sweet notes and fun games we always played. Chris is working in San Diego for 10 days so I decided it would be fun to celebrate with some girlfriends last week and we had a great little party. Then over the weekend, Chris asked if I'd be able to come down for a few days and got me a last minute ticket to join him. My Valentine is working today so I'm officially enjoying Valentine's day by myself but I'm okay with that. My love brought me some beautiful roses and a card when he picked me up at the airport so I'm enjoying those today as well as some quiet time on the beautiful beach here on Coronado. It was wonderful to just sit still and spend some time praying, meditating on God's word and speaking to the one who is Love. The cute little sand pipers made for some good company too!! Oh and we went out to a nice dinner last night and were the last ones there while they closed up. Our kind waitress gave us our dessert for free which was amazing since somehow we managed to score some free ice cream the night before too! So many little blessings and love is in the air! :) How did you celebrate today? What are some of your favorite Valentine memories?
Hey Charissa. Glad you were able to go visit Chris after all! We went to Greek class. Then I went with my sisters and Jenny to watch "the vow" in theater. Totally sad and sweet movie. What are sand pipers?
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a very romantic valentine's day, Andra! Sad I missed the movie night with the girls.
ReplyDeleteSandpipers are these adorable little brown birds that have a long beak which they dig for bugs in the sand with. So cute! And their coloring blends in with the sand so when you get close, they stand all still pretending like you can't see them. See wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandpiper