At the start of 2010, just one year ago today, I had little to no idea of what the year held for me. It is almost mind blowing to look back now--just one year later--and see how God worked in my life and brought things about in ways that I never would have expected or planned on my own. 2010 was full of adventures, joys, and challenges and I have to look back and say that it most definitely was a good (although crazy) year!
2010 stats:
Traveling:
*Traveled to 7 countries--4 that I had never been to.
*Traveled to 6 states--1 that I had never been to.
*2 road trips to California.
*2 day trips to Canada.
Relationships:
*Met the man I am going to marry.
*Was courted by the man I am going to marry.
*Became engaged to the man I am going to marry.
*Added a new little buddy to our roadtrip crew when Luke was born in May.
*Joyfully witnessed two dear friends get married to each other.
*Also witnessed two other friends get married--not to each other, but still joyfully both times.
*Met several new and amazing people who very quickly found a special place in my heart.
*The blessing of counseling a group of girls at camp who love the Lord--I was blown away by all the verses they hid in their hearts and recited to me this year!
School:
*Studied Abroad--found myself in one of the hardest academic situations of my life. Have no desire to ever study German again...
*Finished! Although I didn't know at the beginning of the year, 2010 became my graduation year as I finished up my bachelor's degree in December.
Home and Family:
*No new nephews/nieces arrived, but 2010 brought the news that we will add 2 or possibly more in the coming year.
*Enjoying spending time with nieces, nephews, siblings, and parents through many family gatherings.
*The blessing of a wonderful new home!
*The only kid at home while Ben was off at college.
Challenges:
*Learning to trust God's strength and purpose before my own in uncertain situations.
*Being away from my family and friends for the month of August.
*Saying goodbye to my childhood home forever--I know it's just a place but it holds a lot of memories.
*Seeing my faults magnified through a closer relationship with my Love--ahhh Sanctification is not always easy!
*Trusting God through Chris' deployment soon after we were engaged.
Those are just a few of my reflections of the highlights of 2010. 2011 is the year I get to marry the most wonderful man I know! Beyond that, I again have little to no idea of what is coming my (our) way in the next 12 months, but I am excited to see what God has planned for me. Ultimately, it is comforting to know that as I desire to serve Him, I can have the trust and confidence that His purposes are good and I can say with certainty that 2011 will be a joyful year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

~photo by Pue Fisher-December 30, 2010~
just lovely! did you take notes for my year, because i could not even come up with anything but...cleaned, fed, clothed, ate, got pregnant, spanked, cleaned, and read. jk. :)
ReplyDelete