Monday, December 6, 2010

How Lovely are Your Branches!

Well, 2010 is officially the year of the biggest Lensch Christmas tree EVER!

Mike and Debbie and kids went with me to the u-cut tree farm on Saturday so we could both find trees for our families. With our new high ceilings in our new home, I was sent as the family delegate to find a 10 footer this year!
I think we found it! We even had a stick to measure!!
There is something so angelic and mischievous in this expression at the same time. ;-) Andrew was having a blast running through the trees--he even hugged a few!
It took some help from Mike, Dad, and Kirk to get the tree in the house when we got home. It was heeeeeavy!
I spent a few hours on the ladder decorating this monster...I mean uh...tree.
It definitely was a balancing act! I think I mastered the technique of sticking out my rear far enough to keep me atop the ladder while I reached for the tree. :-)
Mom and Dad put a lot of work in to get the tree standing and decorated!
And our finished product:
Now we're just waiting for the grandkids to show up and marvel over the size of this thing! I'm sure the adults will have a fun time marveling over our craziness too! It definitely is not something I want to do every year, but it sure is lovely now that all the work is done!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! It looks huge even in the pics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. How fun to go all out this year....your last year at home with your parents. ;-) Fun to get a little peak at your new house too for those of us who haven't seen it. Looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete