Strasbourg, France is located in the Alsace region along the border of Germany. We only spent a few hours here, but it was well worth the stop to see the Cathedral and enjoy some of the local cuisine!
I did not know much about Strasbourg when I arrived there, but later I realized that this was where Calvin spent part of his ministry and the city where he found his wife Idelette.
We ended our evening with some shopping and a nice meal in a local restaurant. My companions enjoyed their oysters while I had to try Choucroute which is the French version of Sauerkraut with different sausages and ham. I promise you it tasted much better than it looks!
Ha, I love it. That's the only thing I know about Strasbourg, so that's totally why I thought you went there. Oops.
ReplyDeleteChoucroute looks really interesting. Do you like it better than German sauerkraut?